KASNEB Accredited Courses
About KASNEB Courses
We offer KASNEB accredited certifications and diploma in accounting and management (CAMS, ATD and CPA).
The mandate of KASNEB is the development of syllabuses; conduct of professional, diploma and certificate examinations and certification of candidates in accountancy, finance, credit, governance and management, information technology and related disciplines; promotion of its qualifications nationally, regionally and internationally and the accreditation of relevant training institutions in liaison with the ministry in charge of education.
Certificate in Accounting and Management Skills (CAMS)
The CAMS course is administered in two levels, with each level requiring an average of six months, thus a total of one year. The course is fully tuition based with requirements for students to sit for Continuous Assessment Tests (CATs), which constitute 15% of the final score for assessment purposes.
The examinations will be administered primarily on a computer-based platform.
Accounting Technicians Diploma (ATD)
The ATD qualification equips candidates with skills and competencies to work as middle level accountants providing technical support in accounting, auditing and taxation in both the public and private sectors.
- AD11 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- AD12 Introduction to Law and Ethics
- AD13 Entrepreneurship and Communication
- AD14 Information Communication Technology Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- AD21 Financial Accounting
- AD22 Principles of Management
- AD23 Business Mathematics and Statistics
- AD24 Principles of Taxation Principles of Marketing and Communication
- AD31 Principles of Economics
- AD32 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- AD33 Fundamentals of Finance
- AD34 Principles of Auditing Principles of Marketing and Communication
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The CPA course is aimed at persons who wish to qualify and work or practice as professional accountants, auditors, finance managers, tax managers and consultants in related areas in both public and private sectors.
- CA11 Financial Accounting
- CA12 Communication Skills
- CA13 Introduction to Law and Governance
- CA14 Economics
- CA15 Quantitative Analysis
- CA16 Information Communication Technology
- CA21 Company Law
- CA22 Financial Management
- CA23 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- CA24 Auditing and Assurance
- CA25 Management Accounting
- CA26 Public Finance and Taxation
- CA31 Leadership and Management
- CA32 Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis
- CA33 Advanced Financial Management
(One to be selected, double specialization allowed)
- CA34S1 Advanced Taxation
- CA34S2 Advanced Auditing and Assurance
- CA34S3 Advanced Management Accounting
- CA34S4 Advanced Public Financial Management
- CA35P Business Data Analytics (Practical Paper)