Career Enhancement Courses
About The Short Courses
We offer a range of short career enhancement courses such as business communication, ICT in education, basic ICT skills and project planning.
Aimed at developing business writing skills (applying clear communication principles to written communication), improve normal business correspondence, write more effective reports, and learn how to improve oral presentations.
- The foundations of business communication.
- Developing writing skills.
- How to properly manage correspondence: email, memo, letter etc.
- Report writing.
- How to make better oral presentations.
- How to improve employment communication.
- 2 hours daily for 5 days or,
- 1 weekend (Saturday and Sunday - 9AM to 5PM).
ICT In Education
Join this course to gain essential concepts and skills required to start engaging in the pedagogically effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Understand the key concepts of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and wellbeing considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Practically use key features of classroom technologies.
Basic ICT Skills
This course sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of computers, data processing, document processing, use of spreadsheets, handling presentation and online essentials.
- Computers and devices.
- File management.
- Computer Network essentials.
- Basics of Computer security.
- Basics of document processing.
- Basics of spreadsheets processing.
- Working with Power Point.
- Online essentials: Email, Web browsing, Social media platforms.
- Project management tools.
- Project creation.
- Resources and costs.
- Project monitoring.
- Prepare outputs.